Make your new job easier for yourself and your colleagues by gaining the necessary basic skills and knowledge for your new role on board.
These short courses provide a solid introduction to your new role as an interior crew member on board a Super Yacht. The Introduction training platform teaches the basic skills required to ensure that when you take your first position you are bringing some relevant skills and value to the job.
This is a high end industry and there is no room for errors. Heads of the interior department will not have the time to teach the expected basic skills needed to perform your role as a Junior Stew; take the initiative and complete some basic training before considering a job in the interior department of a yacht with the GUEST Introduction entry level training.
- This is an “introduction” to your department and the demographics and hierarchy of the yachting sector.
- Know what will be expected of YOU in your role within the Interior department.
- You will learn how to search for employment through crew agents & dockwalking,
- Help with interview techniques and with your CV.
- You will learn about personal grooming and presentation and how essential it is to have an attention to detail.
- You will realize the essence of etiquette, interacting with guests and the different cultures.
- ·You will learn the importance of communication, discretion and your role as part of a team.
- Seamanship and safety, the variety of service techniques, basic wine, bartending & mixology skills, laundry services and professional ironing, housekeeping and the value of the materials, surfaces, tableware and the priceless artefacts you will be charged with preserving and cleaning.